Chambers County Schools to host open houses
Published 6:30 pm Wednesday, August 21, 2019
LaFAYETTE – Beginning in September, the Chambers County School District will provide opportunities for local citizens to see how their teachers interact in the classroom with students.
According to the Chambers County School District, a series of special open house activities will allow visitors direct access to a classroom setting while students are in the process of learning.
“We wanted to create a different type of experience for anyone interested in visiting one of our classrooms during instructional time,” Superintendent Dr. Kelli Hodge said. “In addition to parents, we welcome former students, Partners In Education, business and industry personnel, or anyone else wishing to participate.”
Email newsletter signup
The community event will be twice a month throughout the district except for December, due to holiday schedules.
The open houses will take place between 9 am. and 10 a.m., and will be dependent in the time zone of the school.
Scheduled sites and dates include:
- Eastside Elementary School – 9 a.m. CDT, Tuesday, Sept. 24;
- LaFayette Lanier Elementary School – 9 a.m. EDT, Thursday, Sept. 26;
- J. P. Powell Middle School – 9 a.m. CDT, Wednesday, Oct. 9;
- W. F. Burns Middle School – 9 a.m. EDT, Thursday, Oct. 17;
- LaFayette High School – 9 a.m. CST, Wednesday, Nov. 13;
- Valley High School – 9 a.m. EST, Tuesday, Nov. 19;
- Chambers County Career Technical Center – 9 a.m. CST, Tuesday, Dec. 3;
- Five Points School – 9 a.m. CST, Tuesday, Jan. 14, 2020;
- Bob Harding-Shawmut Elementary School – 9 a.m. EST, Wednesday, Jan. 22;
- Fairfax Elementary School – 9 a.m. EST, Tuesday, Feb. 11; and
- Huguley Elementary School – 9 a.m. EST, Tuesday, Feb. 25.
“We encourage everyone who possibly can to take advantage of this extraordinary opportunity,” Hodge said. “We have a great staff of educators who work hard each day to help our students learn and grow in all aspects of their daily lives.”
According to the school district, there is no limit on the number of schools an individual can visit. Participants can either choose a location closest to them or attend activities at all of the schools.